Monday 29 September 2008

New desks

With that strange upper-management definition of "volunteer", several of us at work have been volunteered to test-drive a new desk layout. This is in preparation for a move to a new office next year where they want to halve our individual workspaces. We have been instructed to make the test as unrealistic as possible, taking only what we desperately need for the next two weeks. If we were being realistic, we would go through our desks and either pack or discard everything, acting as if we can't come back to our old desks at all. I guess we'll see how it goes.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - We were supposed to be packing on Friday afternoon.
PPS - Now the word is that we'll get to that some time this morning.

4 comments:

Erin Marie said...

I came in over the weekend and set up my new office space. I have twice the desk and storage space than I've been dealing with the past month, and about six times the amount I had before that.

Onwards and upwards for me.

Perhaps they should just give you all cardboard boxes to work out of. It seems that's where you're progressing to.

John said...

Or maybe wide open spaces, communal furniture and weapons to fight off raiders. If you can't defend your territory, you don't deserve to keep it, and clearly you don't believe you need it enough to fight for it.

Erin Marie said...

That would be cool fun, although I'm not certain it would contribute to productivity.

Kind of like The Office meets Capture the Flag

Anonymous said...

Maybe something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVKnF26qFFM