Wednesday 29 October 2008

Advertising in communication

I've purchased DVDs from Quickflix before, and I think they have made a mistake in the composition of their confirmation emails. Not so much a mistake of content, but a design mistake. My ordered DVD was listed and confirmed, but they decided to take this opportunity to advertise another movie as well. The advertisement was very prominent - it overpowered the actual content of the email by a large margin. This overpowering was so striking that I actually believed I had made a mistake in my order and called to cancel. The lesson in this case is that perhaps transactional emails for sales are not the best opportunity for advertising.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - This was a while ago. I haven't ordered anything recently.
PPS - So things may have changed a bit in the meantime.

No comments: