Friday 24 October 2008

Loaded Snacks

There have been some recent attempts to market new versions of existing products with an "added kick" - some difference from the original or some added ingredient to make the end result somehow better. It's not much more than a different twist on "Extreme" advertising, but I was sucked in anyway and gave a few of these products a try for your gratification.

Snickers The Lot: a bar in the Snickers range, but with the peanuts around the outside, and the middle filling replaced with some kind of peanutty cream. Verdict: good. It reminds me of the short-lived Kit Kat peanut butter-flavoured Big Finger, but crunchy.

Ice Break Loaded: iced coffee with guarana. For some reason (and it might be just me) guarana dries out my mouth a lot, and it didn't seem to do anything otherwise for me. Verdict: not really worth it. I couldn't taste the guarana, but I assume it was there because my mouth felt like cotton afterwards.

Mars Rocks: a similar affair to the Snickers offering, with crunchy malt balls in a thick chocolate layer around caramel and some soft centre. Verdict: not bad. Less sticky than a "classic" Mars bar, which may appeal to some.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - This trend is not all positive.
PPS - Or maybe it's only good when applied to chocolate.

No comments: