Monday 27 October 2008

Somebody Else's Sub

I went out to buy lunch on Friday, that being the one day of the week it is usual to have no leftovers. I decided on a sub from the local Subway and walked the "sandwich artist" through the creation of my desired delectable. As I paid ($9.05 for a Spicy Italian with everything) the man behind me in line asked for confirmation that he was actually paying for his meatball sub. I didn't think anything of it at the time, assuming that he just hadn't seen them wrap it or something. I walked the five minutes back to the office and sat down at my desk.

Immediately when I opened the wrapper, I saw that I had ended up with my fellow customer's meatball sub instead of my own. I don't have the prices in front of me, but I think a meatball sub is a bit less than the Spicy Italian. However, since I have no particular objection to meatballs and didn't feel like spending the time and effort to go back, I decided to just eat it and forget about it. But it makes you wonder, doesn't it? How, when you watch them make it, cut it and wrap it, do you end up with someone else's sub at the register?

Mokalus of Borg

PS - I wonder how many times that has happened worldwide.
PPS - It's hard to even guess.

2 comments:

Erin Marie said...

Sixty-nine.

John said...

I suppose that's as good an answer as any I'm going to get.