Wednesday 31 December 2008

The First Annual Original Messenger Quotes Retrospective

I archive my instant messenger quotes on another blog, "Proverbial", and this year I thought I'd pick out a few of my favourites from the past twelve months and post them here for your enjoyment, with a little commentary. So here they are:
  • "Roses are red, brown if they die, coffee is bitter, and so am I."
    A cheery little heartbreak poem I wrote years ago.

  • "I'll name my daughter Orange so nobody can write a lame love poem to her."
    It seems like a solid plan to me.

  • "I wish I was a flower with a punk rocker in my hair."
    A misquote of Sandi Thom lyrics. Much more interesting this way.

  • "Double shotgun wedding."
    Participation is forced on both sides of the wedding, probably due to a parental conspiracy.

  • "Why is Giving 100% better than Doing My Best?"
    Mathematically, they should be equal, so why is one a winner's attitude and the other a whiner's?

Mokalus of Borg

PS - Feel free to go over the list yourself and mention any other quotes you like.
PPS - It did feel a bit arbitrary picking out five winners.

No comments: