Tuesday 20 January 2009

Uncle Tobys Body Wise muesli bars

Today I have brought to work some Uncle Tobys Bodywise bars to snack more healthily during the day. The box proudly boasts that each bar has "less than 100 calories". The first thing I discovered about them is that the calorie count has been reduced in part by making these the smallest muesli bars on the face of the Earth. 6 bars per box and 126 grams total makes just 21 grams per bar. For comparison, other Uncle Tobys bars weigh in at about 31 grams each. It doesn't sound like much, but it makes a difference in visible size. I feel like I should be eating two or three of them at a time, which I guess would defeat the purpose.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - They taste good, though.
PPS - The nutrition table doesn't seem to be available for the Bodywise product yet.

2 comments:

Kammorremae said...

Is the uncle's name "Tobys", or did they just fail to add an apostrophe?

John said...

I'm not certain of the etymology of the name, but it is rendered on the boxes and official website without any apostrophe.