Friday 13 February 2009

Moving house is getting real

I think the reality of moving house is starting to sink in for me. In one week, I will leave behind the only house I've ever called "home", as well as the suburb in which I grew up, went to primary and high school, and attended some of the best parties of my teenage years. I'm excited about getting our own place, but leaving this one is going to be hard.

We have started packing and trying to figure out what we take and what we leave for Dad and Anthony. We won't be able to fit all the furniture, I'm sure, and moving day itself is bound to be weird for me.

The stress is starting to build up, and I've put it into two muscles on my back, for safe keeping. It's not comfortable, but apparently that's all my body knows to do with stress.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - Valentine's Day tomorrow hasn't crossed my mind nearly as much as it should have.
PPS - I think Deb is in a similar position, though.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It must be very strange to think about leaving, but exciting at the same time! If you need any help moving day just let me know, we have lots of room in Gary's car. Must do- we fit ALL of Julia's clothes in when they moved. (Not the shoes or bags though.....)

John said...

It is strange and exciting. A very confusing feeling. We have removalists booked for early on Saturday morning, and hopefully they'll be able to take some of our boxes too, but we will probably enlist the help of a few friends, too. I'll let you know.