Friday 12 June 2009

Google Apps Sync for Microsoft Outlook

I was overcome with glee when I found out about Google Apps Sync for Microsoft Outlook - I've been waiting ages for Google to allow GMail contact synchronisation with Outlook. Then I found out that it only works with the "premier" or "education" versions of the Google Apps suite. Too bad.

In short, this Outlook plugin lets you synchronise your calendar, contacts and email from an Exchange server to the Google Apps servers, making the transition to Google from Microsoft smoother. The thing is, it would probably work the other way, too, making it relatively easy to switch to Microsoft Exchange if you've been using Google Apps. I don't think many companies are in that position, though.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - Still, my guess is that the free Google services won't be left out for long.
PPS - At least I hope so.

No comments: