Tuesday 7 July 2009

Ink more expensive than printers?

My uncle pointed out the other day that, in some cases at least, it is cheaper to buy another printer than to replace all the ink cartridges. While my cursory research does not show that to be entirely true, it seems to be the case that two ink refills usually out-price the printer. Does that seem right to you?

Mokalus of Borg

PS - It may not be long before printers are free with ink purchases.
PPS - We'll want them to be more disposable at that point, though.

2 comments:

Stu said...

The last time I bought a toner cartridge for my printer, I almost considered buying the new model of it, as it was only $25 more than the cartridge itself. The only reason I didn't was because of the non-brand name print shop outside the Harvey Norman at Indooroopilly, depending on how this one holds up printing wise, I would probably buy the new model next time

John said...

Crazy, isn't it? I have failed to mention compatible knock-off ink cartridges and refills, which make it a more reasonable to restock your ink. Still, there's got to be something wrong here.