Wednesday 18 November 2009

Bookmark synchronisation

I'm interested in switching to either Google Bookmarks or Xmarks from my current online bookmark site Delicious. Well, really, I'm interested in getting my bookmarks synchronising between my browsers in a more seamless way. Delicious does a good job of it, but it sets up a whole separate bookmark system in Firefox, which has always made me a little sad. Now the problem with switching to a new solution is that importing from Delicious tends only to get the few most recent items, not all of them, so if I switched to a new service I'd lose a lot of information. So what I need is a Firefox plugin that synchronises my bookmarks online, and a requirement is that it be able to import all my 600+ bookmarks from Delicious. So far, nothing I know of fits that bill.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - I tried one program that claimed to merge a Firefox export with a Delicious one.
PPS - It didn't quite work.

No comments: