Friday 10 August 2012

Bad ads on Inkpad

I have been using an app on my Android phone called Inkpad for taking notes. It's fairly simple and it allows me to sync my notes to a website to copy them elsewhere manually, which is just what I need. It's free, so it's supported by ads, which I don't have a problem with in theory, but the ads it tends to display are getting worse. It used to be that they were for scam "battery updates", trying to look like a real, albeit more alarming, phone alert. I learned to tune them out, even though they were designed to be annoying and eye-catching. Then lately one of the ads featured a shivering, obviously ill Android logo with the headline "You have (3) viruses!" It's still an ad, and it said so in small print, but if that's the kind of ad that the creator of Inkpad thinks is a good way to support his business, I might try some other note-taking apps to look for one that doesn't associate itself with such obvious scams.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - Those two ads are the only ones I have ever seen Inkpad display.
PPS - It really does cast the app in a bad light.

No comments: