Tuesday 14 August 2012

Supermarket rewards cards are bad value

I'm starting to feel like my supermarket rewards programs are nothing but a scam. They're not paying me very much for my data - I have received one $5 Woolworths gift card in what I believe is several years of shopping - so what is really in it for me? At my level of shopping, is it really, truly, worth it for me to sell this much data to Coles and Woolworths and get this little back? The only reason I would continue using Woolworths Everyday Rewards is because their fuel discounts are linked to the card. Coles doesn't have that with Flybuys, so it would be easier to throw out that one.

My problem is that I haven't been paying attention. I don't know how many points I earn, I don't know how fast they expire and I don't know what I could potentially earn as a result. I need to get some solid data on the topic, then I can make a decision.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - I have a feeling I'll decide to cancel them.
PPS - I'd just like to base it on real data.

No comments: