Wednesday 22 August 2012

Value in making real things

A lot of what I write here on this blog has little value because it is just words. I'd like to make more of my ideas into reality, which is tricky, and sometimes more expensive than it's worth, but it would give my ideas inherently more value simply because they are now real. I don't want to just talk about, say, getting personal calling cards printed up as peel-off stickers. I want to do it. Get 100 of them done as cheaply as possible, carry them for a month or so and see how much they help me. I don't want to merely speculate about software that could make my life better. I want to write it and use it, then tell you how well it worked or how badly and in what ways it failed. I want to write a blog on practical geekery and scratching your own itch.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - And maybe someday I'll get around to that.
PPS - Or some of it, anyway.

No comments: