Friday 10 May 2013

Friday writing update

You may notice there is no Friday Flash Fiction today. It's not because I'm slacking off. Rather, it's because I have been doing a lot of things that make me feel like an author without facing reality. I write and publish here because it feels like being published for real. I wrote a novel and paid to have a cover produced, then published it here because that feels like having a real published novel. Then a few things lately have led me to believe that I should be doing more. So I'm going to try and get published for real.

I've joined an online writing workshop, Critters, where we submit, read and critique each others' work. I've got The (Submission) Grinder to let me see where I can submit my work for possible publication. Using those together, I'll be trying to get my work published for real - possibly reprints of what I've published here first, but I will be working on new things in the meantime. On Fridays, instead of Friday Flash Fiction, I'll be posting these updates on what I've been writing during the week, because that will keep me on track. I hope.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - Friday Flash Fiction has been a very helpful exercise for me.
PPS - Writing a story a week for over a year got me to think a lot more about my work.

No comments: