Friday 5 July 2013

Friday writing update

A couple of thoughts this week.

I need to expand into short stories. Right now, I write flash fiction, which stops before it really gets going, and novels, which take a lot of investment from the reader and aren't that good yet anyway. Short stories are much more sellable, and because it's a stretch for me, I need to try and do it.

I don't think I have the energy for both Facebook and Twitter, which is a shame. Facebook is where I keep in touch with my friends and family, but Twitter is where I need to be making professional contacts if I'm going to get published as a writer, or so I've heard.

I might have taken too long off daily writing to edit my novel. When I heard that a PodCastle flash fiction contest was open again, I wanted to get in on that, and I started writing a couple of things, but they're not coming out the way I'd hoped. I do have until the end of August, though.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - I haven't (yet) found an inspiring seed in my snippets file.
PPS - I'd like to be at the point where that doesn't even matter.

No comments: