Wednesday 30 April 2014

Founding expectations

People expect you, in certain professions, around your forties, to found a company of your own. I think the only reason I would ever found a software company would be if it were less stressful than being an employee, and I don't see that happening. I don't want to be a manager. I don't want to hire and fire people, work for sales, kowtow to demanding clients, or publish a vision and mission statement. I'm fiercely disinterested in all of that. I just want to write software. If I could found a company that let me ignore all of that stuff and focus even more on writing the software I want to write, that would be my dream.

About the only way I can see it working is if I'm a one-man software shop. I might just need to call in consultants occasionally for sales, accounts and management direction.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - This assumes I have a product to sell.
PPS - Which, right now, I don't.

No comments: