Friday 16 January 2015

Forget level 3

Weight: 78.5kg
Distance: 5.49km
Time: 35m:08s
Average speed: 9.36kph

This morning was rough, like sandpaper over the eyeballs. I've never had that, but I don't think it would be pleasant. Is that a thing? If so, it seems like something we should stop. Organise a protest march.

I didn't sleep well. Normally I'm out like a light, but sometimes it's hot, or I've had too much caffeine during the day or too much sugar too close to bedtime. I think last night it was caffeine. I woke up tired, less than 12 hours since my last run. My knees hurt. My calves hurt. I'm hungry. Plenty of other complaining, too. I set the treadmill to level 3 which, apparently, only means "start the 1.6km uphill stretch earlier". So tomorrow it's on to level 4.

The other thing to mention is weight. Lately I've been weighing in at night, because I've consistently forgotten in the mornings. Today I remembered, and I was pleased to find I've gone down a whole kilogram. It also renders my other measurements unreliable.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - I wanted a punny name for all my challenges.
PPS - The only one I've got for this is "Runuary" and it looks even worse written down than it sounds.

No comments: